Emails with job and internship announcements are sent to all CRP students as the department receives them.
If you are a CRP major and not on the email distribution list, please send an email from your Cal Poly email address to firstname.lastname@example.org to request to be added.
Recruiting: If you are interested in sharing an internship or job announcement with the CRP student body, please email your information to email@example.com and we will distribute it to our student body. Thank you!
Strategies for Finding Internships
- Make connections with practicing planners
- Start looking 4-6 months prior to internship date
- Show genuine interest in the proposed internship
- Research companies you might like to work for and become familiar with their current projects
- Describe completed work that is similar to their current work
- Use the internet to research local planning agencies
- Talk to friends, family, professors, and classmates
- Email and call practicing planners
- Follow up the interview with an email reinforcing why you are the best candidate
- Formulate a well-composed resume
- Use Cal Poly’s resources
- Be excited about your interests and goals in the interview
- Prepare a portfolio of your work
- Be willing to volunteer. Not all internships are paid but the experience is priceless