During the spring quarter, weekly emails with job and internship announcements are sent to all CRP students. During summer, fall and winter quarters, job and internship announcements will be sent occasionally, as the CRP office learns of opportunities. Job and internship announcements are also posted on the bulletins outside the CRP office.
If you are not on the email distribution list, please send an email from your Cal Poly email address to firstname.lastname@example.org to request to be added.
Recruiting: If you are interested in sharing an internship or job announcement with the CRP student body, please select one of the following: Recruit a student intern or Recruit a CRP graduate.
Strategies for Finding Internships
- Make connections with practicing planners
- Start looking 4-6 months prior to internship date
- Show genuine interest in the proposed internship
- Research companies you might like to work for and become familiar with their current projects
- Describe completed work that is similar to their current work
- Use the internet to research local planning agencies
- Talk to friends, family, professors, and classmates
- Email and call practicing planners
- Follow up the interview with an email reinforcing why you are the best candidate
- Formulate a well-composed resume
- Use Cal Poly’s resources
- Be excited about your interests and goals in the interview
- Prepare of portfolio of your work
- Be willing to volunteer
Back To Top